The Herald of Truth (Chicago, Ill. and Elkhart, Ind.) was started as a monthly periodical by John F. Funk in 1864 in Chicago. Moving to Elkhart in May 1867, the periodical became semimonthly in 1882 and weekly in 1903. In 1908 it merged with Gospel Witness to form Gospel Herald. Although published by Funk throughout its history, the Herald of Truth became a common household publication throughout the Mennonite Church and became the quasi-official "organ" for many Mennonite regional conferences . Funk published simultaneously Der Herold der Wahrheit, a German-language version with some differing content.
See Bender, Harold S. "Herald of Truth (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 22 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herald_of_Truth_(Periodical)&oldid=122974
Digitization of Herald of Truth is sponsored by Anabaptist Mennonite Digital Collaborative, a partnership among Mennonite libraries and archives, with major support from the Schowalter Foundation.